Ingredient Spotlight: Cluster Dextrin™
What is Cluster Dextrin™?
Cluster Dextrin™ is a new type of maltodextrin, produced from amylopectin through a cyclization reaction involving a branching enzyme. This results in the following characteristics:
- Narrow molecular weight distribution
- High molecular weight
- Low Glycemic Index
- High solubility and stability in water
- Fast Gastric Emptying Time
How is Cluster Dextrin™ made?
Cluster Dextrin™ is manufactured from cornstarch using a branching enzyme. The branching enzyme acts on the joints of the cluster structures of amylopectin and separates them by cyclization. Cluster Dextrin™ maintains the cluster structure that constitutes the basic structural unit of amylopectin.
- Energy source
- Flavor enhancement by reducing acidity and bitterness of foods
- Spray-drying aid for oxidation-labile oils and water-soluble substances
- Storage stability for oil-based substances
✔️ Generates few gastrointestinal disorders
✔️ Suppresses inflammatory stress reaction and immune response induced by vigorous exercise
✔️ Hydrates and enhances stamina
✔️ Reduces fatigue during exercise more effectively than maltodextrin
For more information on Cluster Dextrin™, click here.